Friday, February 27, 2009

Track & Field Day for Trey


Today, I helped out at Trey's track & field day...yes, they had to bus us to the field but it was REAL grass! It was a fun day. It was for the 3rd, 4th and 5th graders. Each child got to pick a track event, a field event and then participated in an obstacle course. Shockingly, Trey picked the American football throw and punt as his field event and then he picked the 75 meter run for his track event. Due to controversial scoring, Trey took 2nd in the football throw. It was an accuracy event where you had to throw the football through a large ring. He won each of the first two rounds of elimination by many points, but each new round they started with a clean slate. So, going into the finals he and the next closest boy started at zero again and he ended up losing by one point. That was the event that I helped out with. He ended up winning the 4th grade boys 75 meter run so I think he was pretty happy about that.

For those of you that know me and how much I despise exercise, you will find this amusing...The teachers have a relay race but needed a couple parents to fill in to make them even teams. If you can possibly imagine this, but I said "sure, I'll fill in"... I looked around me and knew it would be ok although very amusing. Ever the supportive son that Trey is, he said to me afterward..."you did good mom." I just love him, even if he was lying to me :). I'll post Trey's podium pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.