Monday, May 4, 2009

True Hong Kong Resident

Well, I feel like I can finally say that I am a true Hong Kong resident. Over the course of the past few days, several people (of different nationalities) have asked me for directions to places in Hong Kong. I'm pretty sure that it's not because I look so knowledgeable but perhaps that I look comfortable. Meaning, I look like I belong, which actually makes me feel pretty good because I do feel comfortable here.

Swine Flu Update
There is still only one case of confirmed swine flu here in Hong Kong, but many precautionary measures are being taken everywhere. The kids have to have their temperature taken every day and a form filled out to hand in before entering school. I am praying and praying that this stays under control and that there are no more reported cases here (or anywhere for that matter).

A Vacation Spot
So, we tried out a new beach yesterday (Shek-O Beach) that made us feel like we were on a beach vacation instead of where we actually live. Don't get me wrong, having a beach in view from the apartment and within easy walking distance is something I didn't see in our future and am not complaining about, but this beach had all the "beach amenities" that you look for when you are on a vacation

...the rentable umbrellas, beach chairs, food and drink accessible along the beach, waves in the water for the kids to play in...it was a fabulous day for the Sandness family. The fair maiden that I am, however, came home a little pinker (or redder...not sure if that's a word) than the way I left home. And for those of you longing to know...the Red Rapper lived up to his nickname...he has gotten his initial burn out of the way so he'll be a nice dark brown from here on out! However unfair that may be...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.