Swine Flu
Well, I suppose it was inevitable...had our first reported case of swine flu here in Hong Kong...rumors of school closing but from what I can tell in the news they will not make that decision until Sunday evening. It sounds like if no more individuals have shown signs of infection that school will go on as planned.
Some say Hong Kong is overreacting, but I think they've learned the hard way here and I don't mind the overprecautions. We are praying that it stays under control here and that nothing changes our plans for coming home this summer.
Our Health Status
Trey, Keely and I seem to be getting better. Keely is truly NOT enjoying her medicine. I've resorted to bribing her with a sip of my Mt. Dew after she takes her meds. Now, before she'll let me put it in her mouth she says "sip of mommy's soda?" in her innocent little voice. She's also a fan of chocolate. That might have to be my next bribery tool if the Mt. Dew wears thin. Ten days of really yucky tasting medicine may take a lot of bribery. Trey is on the same medicine as Keely and it is very funny to watch his body shudder as he prepares to take his own dose. At least I don't have to bribe him.
McDonald's Delivers!
So, I learned something new the other day...McDonald's delivers! I was surprised to learn when we were in Paris that McDonald's served beer, but here they even deliver. The only problem is that a Big Mac just doesn't taste the same if you can't get it hot...at least in my opinion.
Monsters Vs. Aliens
We went to see Monsters Vs. Aliens in 3D in the Omni Theater here last weekend. The WHOLE family...including Keely! She was screaming and crying as we were trying to leave her with our helper so that Craig and I could take the older kids and daddy was feeling too guilty to leave her home. All I said to him was that it won't be me leaving the theater with her if she won't sit through the movie. But, lo and behold, big 3D glasses and all, she sat through it just fine. And she obviously saw the 3D effect as she was reaching out to touch the hand of one of the monsters that was reaching out toward us. Very fun...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.