Friday, May 14, 2010

Kyra's VERY LATE Birthday Party





So, I have no really good excuses except pure procrastination...but we finally had a birthday party for Kyra in April (her birthday is in December...OOPS). She (we) decided to have an Amazing Race birthday party since it is one of the two American shows that we get here in Hong Kong and watch as a family. Honestly, this is the most effort I have ever put into a birthday party and was looking forward to it myself. I had created a logo for her party, made t-shirts for all the party-goers, elaborate clues for them to "visit" five different countries, etc. Needless to say, party day came and it was pouring rain with a thunderstorm. There was a moment where we thought it was letting up and made a rash decision to go and complete The Race. I had it designed to do the whole thing down on the vast Repulse Bay Beach near our apartment.

Well, the kids had a blast, despite their clues melting away in the rain as they were trying to read them. Many tasks, detours, road blocks couldn't be completed due to the pouring rain, but Craig kept reminding me that the kids were having a great time. So, I guess that what makes a successful birthday party, right? Not the satisfaction of the mother who planned it? Hmmmm....Happy Birthday Kyra!

Now on to Trey's February birthday being celebrated in May!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.