Well, I have been extremely lax on updating our blog and I guess the focus has changed since we have relocated once again. I wouldn't say that we are necessarily settled in California, but we are getting there. It is a process...boy oh boy, is that an understatement. I have to admit, I am missing having a basement - no place to stash all the boxes I don't want to unpack...ever! So, that has left me feeling unsettled as of yet. I will continue to update this blog for those of you who still want to know what the Sandness family is up to. Perhaps it does not have the "uniqueness" of our living in Hong Kong anymore, but I'm guessing we'll still have some adventures here in Southern California as well!
Since I am so behind, I'll be making up some time over the next few entries.
Our summer was ever so brief, but we were used to having a short summer for the past several years with school starting in early August in Hong Kong. This summer, we were relocating from Hong Kong to Laguna Hills, California, with a stop in Minnesota to see family and friends. We opted to get to California with a little bit of summer left in the hopes of getting a little acclimated before school started. It was the best decision we could have made. Although we would have loved to have spent more time with our family and friends in Minnesota, we knew the transition to another new community may be a tough one on the kids. Thankfully, they seem to be adjusting extremely well. A lot of prayers answered on that one.
The New Puppy
Ever since we made the choice to give up the chocolate lab puppy that we had gotten just before we found out we were moving to Hong Kong, the kids had been dreaming of when the family would have a dog of our own again. Thinking we were going to be in Hong Kong for a while longer, I made a commitment that we would get a new dog when we returned to the states. Little did I know that we would be moving back sooner than planned. So, then I had to do a little convincing that we should wait for just a little bit to get settled in our new house, new community, etc. before taking on the commitment of a new dog. I had the kids all on board, but I think Craig got so excited to follow through on this commitment that he started searching and found "the perfect dog" for our family and it was available RIGHT NOW! So, as a surprise to the kids, Craig had made arrangements to get the new addition to the Sandness family and had her in the car when he picked us up at the airport. Her name is Diesel...and I reluctantly admit that she has been a GREAT dog so far. She's still a puppy that likes to chew, but Keely can even walk her on a leash without her pulling her. She just can't get enough love from us. Hopefully, nothing will change my opinion of her. :)
More soon...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.