Friday, July 9, 2010

July 4th in Minnesota





Well, I guess technically this really isn't part of our "Hong Kong" experience except that because we are living in Hong Kong, we have become somewhat like nomads without a place to really call home while we are in the States for the summer. Because of our change, our summers are quite a bit different than in previous years. The July 4th holiday weekend is normally a big family tradition for us to celebrate in Siren, Wisconsin while we stay at our cabin in that area. Since Craig won't be here until the end of July, I chose not to "open the cabin" on my own with the four kids.

That all being said, we were invited to my sister's place on the lake in Shoreview and the kids had a fabulous time seeing and playing with most of their cousins. The boys basically spent about 8 hours playing playing whiffle ball down on the beach. Throughout the day they seemed to attract various people to play...but the core cousins remained throughout.

The girls seemed to be more attracted to spending time on and in the water and that is what I captured on film this time around and thought I'd share a few photos.

It was a great day had by all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.