So...I'm still working out the whole $14 for milk thing, but I'm trying to move on. I successfully got myself into the city via bus today. So proud of myself. (Ok, it's getting on one bus and walking a block and a half to get to my destination :)...but I still did it!)
Craig's really been trying to get me comfortable using the public transportation instead of the taxis...even though they are quite reasonable (I can get to the city and half way back home for that same gallon of milk), they still add up if that is the only mode of transportation I'm taking.
I couldn't get myself home today by bus because that involved a walk two blocks one way, turn right or left, go another couple blocks, etc. to get to the bus I needed to take. Next time! :) maybe...
So, I had a very interesting thing happen with the taxis...Keely and I had a woman driver the other day for a short ride from the HKIS high school to home. I remember her because she is the only woman driver I have had so far and she wore this cute crocheted cap that Keely was commenting on. A couple days later, Craig and I were in the city (on the other side of the island) picking up our Hong Kong ID cards (yes, we are officially residents of Hong Kong) and were getting in a taxi to take us to somewhere else in the city for lunch. Lo and behold, it was the same driver, with the same crocheted cap. There are thousands of taxi drivers on Hong Kong Island. I would anticipate probably never having the same driver again in our time here. I don't know what the chances are statistically of it happening especially since it wasn't even in the same area on the island. Of course, Craig said for how often I take a taxi vs. the bus, he isn't surprised. (He's really pushing the bus system, can you tell?) :) Have to save up for the milk, I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.