As Craig and I were getting ready to leave on our trip for Hong Kong (Craig on business...me on pleasure), getting grandma and grandpa Sandness prepared for the week ahead of them being in charge of the kids and their crazy schedules, Tyson gets hurt in baseball practice. I quickly try and get him to Urgent Care before we head to the airport, but alas they are all closed. So, grandma and grandpa took him the next day. Long story short, he has a buckle fracture in his left thumb.
Unfortunately, Tyson didn't really like wearing the splint that was put on him and didn't exactly follow the doctor's rules of no contact sports (basketball)...so...I took him to the orthopedist today to make sure we are on the right healing track and they took another x-ray. This doctor was none-to-pleased to hear that Tyson hadn't been wearing his splint over the course of the last 10 days and had been playing basketball to boot! When asked if he would promise to keep one on for the next three weeks and promise not to play basketball, he couldn't honestly commit. (Well...at least he was honest about it.) So, the doctor decided to put a cast on it so that he didn't have a choice on letting it heal. The generous mom that I am, I splurged the extra $50 for a water cast so that at least he could go in the pool over Spring break.
The thumb was still pretty painful when the doctor was checking it out so I think Tyson realized he needs to let it heal, so he didn't seem to upset about the cast. Plus, he got to pick it's color: Purple!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.