

Our youngest daughter, Keely, celebrated her 4th birthday on August 23. All she wanted (and repeatedly asked for) was a "princess dress" that she had seen in the market one day and a "princess umbrella" so that she had her own protection from the two weather elements...pouring rain or beating down sun. Well, I knew where the dress was in the market and that was a simple enough purchase and we were more than happy to give it to her. However, it took me a little more effort and a couple different markets to find the princess umbrella. And as most children do, I thought she would enjoy opening just a couple additional gifts as well... While in the market searching for the umbrella I came across a 3-wheeled scooter (princess, of course) and knew she would love it as she had seen some in Target over the summer and I informed her we couldn't buy one then because we wouldn't be able to take it back to Hong Kong with us. After receiving her princess dress and umbrella, she said "this is the most exciting birthday ever" although I'm pretty sure she doesn't remember any other birthdays up to this point. So I told Keely we had one more surprise for her and upon opening it she replied (with dramatic flair) "Oh...this is just too much!" Yet, she readily accepted her additional gift! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.