I recently went on a field trip with Kyra's class to one of the street markets here and then to lunch at the famous "floating" Jumbo restaurant. I thought I'd share some photos. The teachers gave the children a list of food items to find and check off on their list as we went through the market to make them look a little harder at their surroundings. Once they found everything, they could then have a bit of time to shop with their $30 HKD ($3.87 USD) limit. Among the things they had to find were a cow's head, pig's feet, dried whole fish, etc. As we were looking for these items, along with a long list of fresh vegetables, we were lucky enough to have found the intestines of some animal also available for sale. Kyra said she will NEVER forget that image! Needless to say, it was an experience.
We then had lunch at the Jumbo restaurant which is an extremely large boat in the water, although I'm told it is not actually "floating" anymore (not sure if it ever did), but you need to take a ferry boat to get to the restaurant. Since most everything served had shrimp in it, my dear little peanut did not eat much for lunch! Even the fried rice had shrimp in it, but I did manage to scoop around it for her so that she would eat SOMETHING. I am realizing more and more every day that she is very much like her mother :) You just gotta love her!!
PHOTOS: 1)Kyra & the other girls that were in my "group" for the field trip 2) The Jumbo Restaurant 3) Kyra's class
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.