Friday, September 25, 2009

First International Swim Meet in Taiwan

I am very excited to say that Kyra will be swimming in her first international swim meet in November in Taipei, Taiwan. She is very excited about finally being on a "travel team" of some sort. Trey could do it also since he is also a member of the Hong Kong Island Stingrays swim team, but he has a conflict with baseball and that is where he would prefer to be. This will be her first experience in an official swim meet of any kind, but as I sit here I have to say it is pretty neat to think about this great opportunity for our 8-year-old daughter to be swimming in an international meet in Taiwan. I guess those years and years of swim lessons at Foss have truly paid off!! I have more than once said since being here that those lessons were well worth every cent, even if I was terribly grumbling about the cost when I was back home.

Major League Baseball
Trey made one of the two Major League teams here as a 10-year-old. At his age, he is on the bubble as to whether he would go to the majors or the minors. He was happy to be put on the Majors Red Sox team. We are looking forward to a fun season with several families that we have gotten to know here. If you think seasons are long in Eden Prairie, get this...the season has started and it ends in March. Unfortunately for the "American" teams, the Japanese teams they compete against are pretty intense and go all year round. Hopefully, they will have a fun season.

...And Basketball...
So, the seasons of several sports run at the same time here...which means that Trey is also playing basketball at the same time as the baseball season. Funny thing that we are ride sharing here just as we did back home to all the activities except that we don't have a car...sharing the taxis as best we can! Anyhow, Craig is coaching the basketball team here also along with Trey's best friend's mom. It is pretty fun to watch. The basketball season only goes to January, I think!!! :)

Tyson is doing swimming lessons and also is in the first grade baseball program. He's also doing an after school basketball program as they don't offer the same basketball program for Tyson's age that they have for Trey. Those activities seem to be more than enough for him as he is enjoying some new friendships that he has developed in our building.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.