Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Return to Hong Kong


Well, we made it back to Hong Kong safe and sound. Our good friends, Mike & Seaneen Gengler, had to caravan us to the airport...Mike's suburban with the abundance of luggage and Seaneen's car with the Sandness troop. I am so pleased to report that our journey home was very uneventful and I think the the only "stressful" point was at the beginning when Craig, who has flown nearly 2 million miles with Northwest was trying to negotiate himself out of having to pay nearly $200 to get his bike checked as baggage. He was NOT happy.

Then the perk of his miles got him upgraded into business class on our first leg to Los Angeles. With a full plane and no way for the airline to switch seats for us, Craig made a woman's day by asking her if she would mind sitting in a business class seat instead in nearly the back of the plane surrounded by my kids...hmmm...let me think about that. I think she didn't believe him at first and he explained that he already spoke with a flight attendant and she just needed to take Craig's ticket and her luggage and go.

The kids did fabulous, which was a stress reliever for me. The only painful part for me was my aching back which is still hurting from going tubing with Kyra for the first time ever while we were at the cabin...probably not the smartest choice on my part. I think I'll be sticking with kneeboard from now on.

It was so great to see so many friends while we home for the summer. Our time home, of course, flew by but I know the kids were happy to be there. But, we are also excited to start a new school year here...school starts Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.